Celebrating Reading Success
All students will complete the two assignments listed below. All work is worth a quiz grade. Assignment #1 will be due the Friday we return to school. Assignment #2 will need to be completed no later than July 15th as the program will shut down for maintenance.
- Choose 1 book (fiction or non) that is within your Lexile level (NO Captain Underpants, Dork Diaries, nor Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and complete one of the assignments below. Recommended Lexile levels are listed below.You are welcomed to choose novels above your Lexile level:
- Entering 6th grade: Minimum 665
- Entering 7th grade: Minimum 735
- Entering 8th grade: Minimum 805
The summer reading assignments are listed below by grade level. Students have to choose and complete one of the assignments under their designated grade level. Assignments are due the 1st week of school and will be the 1st grade entered in the grade book in the Language Arts classes.
6th Grade Reading Assignments
8th Grade Reading Assignments
They will also complete iReady where they must pass one lesson a week (at minimum 4 lessons) at 75% and complete 45 mins. The iReady lesson will need to be completed no later than July 15.
For new students, your iReady username/password was given to you at registration. If you do not have your username/password, please contact Ms. Abolafia via Jupiter Grades.
Celebrating Math Success
We are thrilled to introduce to you our Math program under the direction of iReady Math. The following are the requirements:
- Take the diagnostic test sometime before.
- Complete one hour a week AND 1 lesson with a 70% passing or greater for at least 5 of the 7 weeks. The program runs from 6/10 - 7/28.
iReady weeks are counted from - . Reports will be pulled each week. Below is a suggested schedule and log to keep track.
Students were given their username and password for the program. Username and password is the student's first initial (capital letter), full last name (first letter capitalized) and DOB. See examples below:
Student Name: Marco Polo DOB: July 25 Username & Password for iReady: MPolo0725
This assignment should be completed independently without the assistance of others as the program individually caters to the student's ability levels.
Click Here for IReady Math Summer Assignment