Every student attending Pembroke Pines Charter High School has to complete one credit of physical fitness in order to graduate from High School. If a student has not yet to complete the credit and is a student athlete; the following tells you on how to get that credit without taking a class here at charter.
1) One credit through Health Opportunities through Physical Education (HOPE) taken in school or through the distant learning program.
2) 18-credit ACCEL diploma option waives the HOPE requirement
3) AICE DIPLOMA waives the HOPE requirement
4) Current 9th-11th graders may take Dance Technique and Personal Fitness course or current 9th-11th grade Band students may take Band (receive a marching band waiver) and just the .50 Personal Fitness course.
5) Complete two full seasons of a sport at the varsity level, register to take the *Personal Fitness exam at KC Wright Administration Building in downtown Fort Lauderdale. A passing score with two years of the high school sport meets the HOPE requirement.
Option 5: The Personal Fitness exam can only be taken ONCE.
Senior William Wormsbecher is a varsity baseball player who has played each year during his tenure here at charter, “If I had known that there was a way to earn the physical fitness credit without taking a class here at charter, I would have done that for sure.”
The next test date given is Friday, December 16, 2016 at the KC Wright Administration Building in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale – Floor 13 from 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. if you plan on taking option 5.
Reported by: Christopher Nappi
Photo by: Samuel ELIACIN