Additionally, the Lori Jones Memorial Scholarship was established to encourage and support minority students to pursue a career in the healthcare field. Attached are the criteria and application form. Interested students should complete the application and submit along with the requested documents to the address provided.
The Lori Jones Memorial Scholarship will be granted annually. The deadline for submission of all applications isSeptember 30, 2015. The awarding recipient will be selected by the Board of Directors no later than October 15, 2015. The recipient will be notified verbally or in writing within 2 weeks of selection.
The GMS 2016 Application opened on August 1, 2015. To be eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
• Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American;
• Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED;
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
• Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
• Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student;
• Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline; and
• Have the forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf: Nominator Form: an evaluation of the student’s academic record, and;
• Recommender Form: an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities.
Attached is a flyer for an informational session on the Gates Millennium Scholarship that will be held at Piper High School on Wednesday, September 2nd at 7pm. For more information on the GMS, please contact Grantis Bell at Pompano Beach High School at 754-322-2000.
To be eligible for the Ramon Looby Excellence in Leadership Award, applicants must:
1. Be a male or female graduating senior interested in joining a historically black sorority or
fraternity of the NPHC.
2. Have a high academic achievement record, which includes at least a 3.0 grade point average
(GPA) and SAT scores of at least 1500 or ACT scores of at least 21
3. Have an excellent conduct record and high leadership potential.
4. Financial need will be considered.
Attached you will find the scholarship application and scholarship information can be found at aloiotas.com/scholarship.
-Search engine for scholarships, internships, colleges, and more
-More than 1.5 million scholarships
-More information and application found at www.fastweb.com