The APIASF Scholarship Fund provides scholarship opportunities for all Asian American and Pacific Islander students enrolling in college for the Fall 2016 term. Attached you will find a flyer with deadline information.
APIASF Scholarship Flyer
Women of HOPE, a non-profit organization in South Florida is pleased to share an exciting scholarship opportunity for a minority student. This scholarship was founded in memory of one of its founders, Lori Jones. The Lori Jones Memorial Scholarship was created in honor of one of our founders who was pivotal in the creation of Women of HOPE. Lori Jones lost her battle with Cancer in September 2005. We would like to request that you present this scholarship opportunity to seniors in your school. The selected recipient(s) will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000.
Additionally, the Lori Jones Memorial Scholarship was established to encourage and support minority students to pursue a career in the healthcare field. Attached are the criteria and application form. Interested students should complete the application and submit along with the requested documents to the address provided.
Gates Millennium Scholarship
The Gates Millennium Scholars Program (PDF) is funded by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which was established in 1999 to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline area of interest.
The GMS 2016 Application opened on August 1, 2015. To be eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student
- Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline
- Have the forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf: Nominator Form: an evaluation of the student’s academic record
- Recommender Form: an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities
Five Star Scholarship Foundation
The Five Star Scholarship Foundation is sponsoring the seventh annual Ramon Looby Excellence in Leadership Scholarship. Below you will find details pertaining to this scholarship opportunity:
To be eligible for the Ramon Looby Excellence in Leadership Award, applicants must:
- Be a male or female graduating senior interested in joining a historically black sorority or fraternity of the NPHC.
- Have a high academic achievement record, which includes at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) and SAT scores of at least 1,500 or ACT scores of at least 21
- Have an excellent conduct record and high leadership potential.
- Financial need will be considered.
- May 29, 2016
Scholarship Search Engines
Paying for college is hard, but finding scholarships doesn’t have to be. Niche is a scholarship search tool that allows students to receive information about different scholarships and register to get personally matched to scholarships they are eligible to apply for.
Big Future is a scholarship search tool that allows students to receive information about types and sources of financial aid, and how to find scholarships.
- Search engine for scholarships, internships, colleges, and more
- More than 1.5 million scholarships
- More information and application found on Fastweb's website